It would be an understatement to say that all of our lives have changed significantly over the last six months but probably one of the biggest alterations has got to be adapting office life to a new work from home situation.
Like with anything, there are pros and cons to both, lovers and haters of the new way of doing things – but we think we have something for the latter group to make WFH life that little bit easier.
Amazon Prime Day is almost here and for two whole days – October 13 and 14 – the online retailing giants will be slashing prices across thousands of products – including laptops.
Say goodbye to the endless waiting, dreaded wheels of doom or frustrating sand-timer emoticon – you can now shop a brand new device without breaking the bank.
Typically taking place in June, due to the influx of essential purchases made on the one-stop shop during lockdown, the retailer rescheduled to ensure that customers everywhere could still take advantage of impressive reductions.
While the sales extend to a huge range of genres across TVs, gadgets, baby deals and more, it’s laptop offerings that have particularly caught our eye.
Brands like Dell and HP have got in on the action with reductions across the latest and greatest models.
Whatever your needs, there’s the device to match. Student-friendly devices? Check. State-of-the-art portable computers to nail your WFH needs? Check. Business trip-ready models? Check. Mini travel-friendly iterations? Check.
To get in on the mega sales extravaganza, you need to be a Prime customer. This entails either a monthly subscription of £7.99 a month (or just £3.99 for students) or an annual fee of £79 a month. This will not only give you access to Prime Day but also to an endless selection of items for free next day delivery as well as Prime Video and a huge selection of ebooks. Not ready to commit just yet? Opt for the 30 day trial period to try before you buy.
We have selected the best deals on laptops to give you the best chance to bag a bargain – but hurry as these deals won’t last for long.
There are two types – Lightning or Deals of the Day – both of which have a time limit and once the stock is gone, it’s gone.
The sale is underway and we’ve gathered the impressive deals live at Amazon.
This Amazon Prime Day, you can get your hands on the Acer Chromebook Spin 13 CP713-1WN complete with 8GB RAM, 128GB eMMC, 13.5 inch Full HD touchscreen display, Wacom stylus, and Chrome OS in the Iron hue with 30 per cent off.
There is also up to 38 per cent off ASUS, from the brand’s Chromebook, to the ZenBook.
- ASUS Chromebook C223NA 11.6″ HD Laptop (Intel Celeron N3350, 4 GB RAM, 32 eMMc, Chrome OS, Includes Mouse) – was: £209.99, now: £149.99
- ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo UX581 Ultra HD 15.6 Inch 4K Dual-Touchscreen Laptop (Intel i9-9980HK Processor, NVIDIA RTX 2060 6 GB Graphics, 1 TB PCI-e SSD, 32 GB RAM, ScreenPad Plus, Windows 10) – was: £4,000, now: £2,499.99
- ASUS TUF FX505 – 15.6 Inch IPS Full HD Gaming Laptop – Intel i5-9300H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4 GB, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB NMVe PCI-e SSD, Windows 10) – was: £999.99, now: £629.99
- ASUS ZenBook UX434FLC 14″ Full HD Thin Laptop (Intel i5-10210U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250 2 GB Graphics, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, ScreenPad 2.0, Windows 10) – was: £999.99, now: £749.99
- ASUS ROG Strix G732LXS Full HD 300 Hz 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7-10875H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 GB, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Windows 10) – was: £3,499.99, now: £2,699.99
- ASUS ZenBook 14 UX434 14 Inch Full HD Touchscreen Laptop with ScreenPad (Intel i5-8265 Processor, NVIDIA GeForce MX250 Graphics, 256 GB PCI-e SSD, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, Includes Carry Sleeve) – was: £1,099.99, now: £699.99
- ASUS Chromebook C523NA 15.6″ Full HD Laptop (Intel Pentium N4200, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Chrome OS) – was: £359.99, now: £249.99
Huawei laptops will also be painted with the discount brush with up to £200 off. The Matebook at 13, 14 and 15.6 inches will all be on offer. The laptops feature FullView 1080P FHD Ultrabook PC AMD Ryzen 5, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Multi-screen Collaboration.
- HUAWEI MateBook D 15 – 15.6 Inch (512GB SSD, Fingerprint Reader), Space Grey– was: £699.99, now: £549.99
- HUAWEI MateBook D 14 – 14 Inch (256 GB SSD), Space Grey– was: £549.99, now: £449.99
- HUAWEI MateBook 13 2020 – 13 Inch Laptop (512 GB SSD, Fingerprint Reader), Grey – was: £649, now: £549.99
- HUAWEI MateBook D 15 – 15.6 Inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-10210U, 256GB SSD, Fingerprint Reader), Grey – was: £799.99, now: £669.99
Get your hands on the Samsung Galaxy Book Flex or Samsung Galaxy Book Ion with up to 20 per cent off. There are 13.3 and 15.6 inch varieties. The laptops all feature 8 GB Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor
- Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 13.3 Inch Laptop – Royal Blue – was: £1,349, now: £1,099
- Samsung Galaxy Book Ion 15.6 Inch – Aura Silver – was: £1,299, now: £1,049
- Samsung Galaxy Book Ion 13.3 Inch – Aura Silver – was: £1,249, now: £999
- Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 13.3 Inch – Royal Silver – was: £1,349, now: £1,099
- Samsung Galaxy Book S 13.3 Inch 8 GB Intel i5 Laptop – Mercury Grey – was: £999, now: £799
- Samsung Galaxy Book S 13.3 Inch 8 GB Intel i5 Laptop – Earthy Gold – was: £999, now: £799
Gaming aficionado? HP is reducing its devices by up to 18 per cent.
- HP OMEN 17-cb1002na 17.3 Inch Full HD, 144 Hz Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i7-10750H, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics (8 GB Dedicated) Graphics, Windows 10 Home – Black– was: £1,699.99, now: £1,399.99
- HP Pavilion 15-dk1019na 15.6 Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop – (Shadow Black) (Intel Core i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB Dedicated) Graphics, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Home) – was: £1,149.99, now: £999.99
The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 2019 edition is reduced by 22 per cent. The Ultra-Thin laptop is 13.5” with touchscreen, Intel 10th Gen Quad Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD and Windows 10 Home. The brand’s Surface Pro 7 is also discounted, but this time by 27 per cent. It has Intel 10th Gen Quad Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Windows 10 Home and is the 2019 edition.
Powerhouse Razer laptops are on offer with £100 off. The gaming devices are 2020 models with Chroma RGB Lighting, 16 GB RAM and Intel Core i7.
- Razer Blade 15 Base Model (15.6 Inch Full HD 144 Hz Base Model, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 256 GB SSD) – was: £1,599.99, now: £1,358.49
- Razer Blade 15 Base Model (15.6 Inch 4K-OLED Base Model, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, 512 GB SSD) – was: £2,299.99, now: £1,898.49
- Razer Blade Stealth 13 (FHD-120Hz Display, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, 512GB SSD, CNC Aluminum) – was: £1,799.99, now: £1,398.99
- Razer Blade Pro 17 (Full HD-300 Hz Screen, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super, 512 GB SSD, CNC Aluminum) – was: £3,199.99, now: £2,898.99
- Razer Blade Pro 17 (Full HD-300 Hz Screen, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, , 512 GB SSD, CNC Aluminum) – was: £2,899.99, now: £2,398.99
- Razer Blade Powerful (15.6 Inch Full HD-300 Hz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 S, 512 GB SSD, CNC Aluminum,) – was: £2,999.99, now: £2,798.49
There’s really no better time to invest in a tablet. Apple’s iPad Air 3rd Generation is 10 per cent off. It is available in Gold, Silver and Space Grey and has a 10.5-inch display. These are Wi-Fi devices and have storage of 64 or 256GB. You can also make the most of 20 per off android tablets from Samsung, Lenovo, Huawei and Wacom as well as 30 per cent off a range of other models.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Wifi Android Tablet Mystic Black– was: £799, now: £679
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Wifi Android Tablet Mystic Black – was: £619, now: £529
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Wifi Android Tablet Mystic Bronze – was: £799, now: £679
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ Wifi Android Tablet Mystic Silver – was: £799, now: £679
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G Android Tablet Mystic Black – was: £999, now: £849
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Wifi Android Tablet Mystic Bronze– was: £619, now: £529
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Wifi Android Tablet Mystic Silver – was: £619, now: £529
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G Android Tablet Mystic Silver– was: £999, now: £849
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 4G Android Tablet Mystic Black– was: £719, now: £619
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 4G Android Tablet Mystic Silver– was: £719, now: £619
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G Android Tablet Mystic Bronze– was:£999, now: £849
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 4G Android Tablet Mystic Bronze– was: £719, now: £619
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Get 20 per cent off Huawei MatePad tablets with 32GB ROM, Quad-speakers, Wi-Fi
- HUAWEI MatePad 10.4 Inch 2K FullView Tablet – Kirin 810, 3 GB RAM, 7250 mAh, EMUI 10.0.1 (Based Android 10.0), Wi-Fi, Grey– was:£229.99, now: £183.99
- HUAWEI MatePad T 10s 10.1 Inch Wide Open View Tablet – Kirin 710A, 2 GB RAM, EMUI 10.1, Deepsea Blu– was: £169.99, now: £130.99
VANKYO MatrixPad Z1 Tablet for kids is on offer. It comes in either blue or pink and has a 7 inch display. The tabets also feature 32GB ROM, COPPA Certified KIDOZ& Google Play Pre-Installed with Kid-Proof Case, and connects via Wi-Fi.
Upgrade your at-home set up with a monitor. If you’re used to two screens at work, this simple but cost-effective purchase will work wonders for your productivity. There is 20 per cent off monitors from HP, Lenovo, AOC, ASUS and Philips.
- HP 24fh Ultraslim Full HD Monitor with Height Adjust (1920 x 1080) 23.8 Inch (1 HDMI, 1 VGA) – Silver/Black– was: £149.99, now: £119.99
- HP 27fh Ultraslim Full HD Monitor with Height Adjust (1920 x 1080) 27 Inch (2 HDMI, 1 VGA) – Silver/Black– was: £199.99, now: £159.99
- HP OMEN X 25f 240 Hz Full HD Gaming Monitor (1920 x 1080) 1 ms, AMD Free-Sync, G-Sync Compatible (1 DP, 2 HDMI, 2 USB), Black– was: £349.99, now: £279.99
- HP v24i Full HD Monitor (1920 x 1080) 23.8 Inch (1 VGA, 1 HDMI) – Black – was: £99.99, now: £79.99
- HP v22 Full HD Monitor (1920 x 1080) 21.5 Inch (1 VGA, 1 HDMI) – Black – was: £89.99, now: £69.99
- Lenovo L24e 23.8 Inch FHD Monitor (VA Panel, 4 ms, HMDI, VGA) Quick Release Tilt Screen, Black– was: £109.99, now: £87.99
- Lenovo Q24i-10 23.8 Inch FHD Monitor (IPS Panel, 75 Hz, 4 ms, HMDI, VGA) Tilt Screen, Black – was: £149.99, now: £119.99
- Samsung LC27JG52QQUXEN 27″ Curved Gaming Monitor – WQHD 2560×1440, 144Hz, 2x HDMI, DisplayPort– was: £299.99, now: £199.99
- Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz 27 Inch WQHD Gaming Monitor, (IPS Panel, G-Sync, 165 Hz (OC), 4ms, ZeroFrame, DP, HDMI, USB Hub) Black/Red– was: £699.99, now: £489.99
- Acer Nitro VG270Sbmiipx 27-inch FHD Gaming Monitor – (IPS Panel, FreeSync, 165Hz (OC), 1ms, ZeroFrame, DP, HDMI, Black),UM.HV0EE.S01– was: £249.99, now: £199.99
- Acer Predator XB273GX 27 inch Full HD Gaming Monitor (IPS Panel, G-Sync Compatible, 240Hz, 0.1ms, HDR 400, DP, HDMI, Height-adjustable Stand, Black) – was: £399.99, now: £319.99
- Acer Predator Z35P 35 Inch WQHD Curved 1800R Gaming Monitor, Black (VA Panel, G-Sync, 100 Hz, 4ms, DP, HDMI, USB Hub) – was: £629.99, now: £899.99
- Acer Nitro XV340CKP 34 inch UWQHD Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (IPS Panel, FreeSync, 144Hz, 1ms, HDR Ready, DP, HDMI, Height-adjustable Stand, Black) – was: £649.99, now: £499.99
- LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B 27 Inch Gaming Monitor QHD (2560 x 1440) IPS – 1ms Nvidia G-Sync Compatible– was: £431.85, now: £329.99
- LG Electronics Ultrawide 29WL50S-B 29-Inch IPS Monitor (2560 x 1080, 2x HDMI, 250 CD/M2, 5MS, AMD Radeon FreeSync) Black– was: £234.99, now: £175.99
- AOC C32G1 31.5″ Curved VA LED FHD (1920×1080)1 ms MPRT, Freesync 144Hz Gaming monitor. (VGA, HDMI, DisplayPort) – Black– was: £235, now: £189.99
- AOC 27G2U5/BK 27″ Widescreen IPS LED Black Multimedia Monitor (1920×1080/5ms/VGA/DP/HDMI) – was: £175.99, now: £139.99
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG35VQ, 35 Inch UWQHD (3440 x 1440) Gaming Monitor, Up to 200 Hz, G-SYNC Ultimate, Local Dimming, Quantum Dot, 90% DCI-P3, DP1.4, HDMI, USB 3.0, DisplayHDR 1000 Certified, AuraSync– was: £2,499, now: £1,799
- Philips 243V7QJABF 23.8-Inch IPS Full HD Monitor with Speakers – (1920 x 1080, VGA/HDMI/Displayport 1.2) – was: £108.99, now: £69.99
Whether it’s to print your returns label for your online shopping addiction or for actual work purposes, your home office is sorely lacking a printer.
Type in the most efficient way possible with a new, trusteed keyboard.
Trackpad causing you problems? Take this opportunity to invest in a mouse.
Laptop stand and docking station
Get an office-worthy set up with the help of these stands.
ESBest product reviews are unbiased, independent advice you can trust. On some occasions, we earn revenue if you click the links and buy the products, but we never allow this to bias our coverage. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing.
Follow us on