If you have an artistic inclination, yet are proficient in the use of modern technology, then you can have a lucrative career in 3D animation and graphics. This field has become very popular in the recent years. 3D animation and graphics refer to
certain computer programs which make the images come alive for you on the screen of television and computer. You have to learn storyboarding, match moving, human and animal motion as well as principles of lighting, scriptwriting etc. There are vast
varieties of career options in this field. Most 3D animation and graphics artists work in the entertainment industry. Animated movies and short skits are one of the most popular television programs with billions of dollars in business being
conducted every day.
In addition to the movies and animation shows, 3D animation and graphics artists also work in the gaming industry. They develop animation and new graphics for video games. Some of the online multiplayer role playing games include thousands of
members all over the world. The gaming industry is a rapidly growing sector where you can develop new graphics or reproduce them.
Courses categorized under 3D Animation and Graphics
Career possibilities in 3D animation and graphics
An artist in 3D animation and graphics can find lucrative employment in following fields:
- You can work as an animation artist in the film or television industry. Animated movies, cartoon shows etc are widely in demand. Not only that, there is also a recent trend where animation is being used more and more frequently in mainstream
movies, often included as a part of childish fantasy.
- Gaming industry is another prolific employer of a 3D animation and graphics artist. New games and graphics are designed and marketed every day.
- Animation and graphics are also being widely used in the advertising industry. Online businesses and advertisement firms use graphics artist for their publicity campaigns.
Approximate salary to be expected at the entry level
The approximate salary at the entry level is quite modest. However, there is ample chance of advancement, especially if you design a winning graphics for a popular game or design a popular animated movie or series. There is considerable scope of
making money if you have talent in this field.
Pre qualifications required to join the course
Artistic inclination is of far greater importance in the field of 3D animation and graphics rather than academic qualification. Several private and some public institutes offer diploma courses, certificate courses and even degree courses in this
field. In order to join these courses, you need the following qualifications:
- You must complete your 10th standard. You can opt for a certificate course. However, it is preferable that you pass +2 level with good marks in order to pursue higher studies in this field.
- You can then complete a two year diploma course or a three year degree course in animation and 3D graphics.
- An artistic eye, imagination and excellent hand eye coordination are absolutely necessary to succeed in the field of 3D animation and graphics.
Best places in India to study the course
The leading institutes of India where you can study 3D animation and graphics are:
- Aim Multimedia and animation institute, Chennai
- Animaster Academy, Bangalore
- Arena Multimedia, Delhi, Bangalore, Noida, Mumbai
- Global School of animation, Delhi, Chennai
- Picasso Animation college
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Mumbai
- Apeejay Institute of Design, Delhi
Best places in the world to study the course
The major institutes of the world for 3D animation and graphics are:
- School of Visual Arts, New York
- University of Colorado, Denver
- Robert Gordon University, UK
- Glasgow Caledonian University